Someone has placed a threatening/misleading sign on a public footpath – what can I do about it?

It is an offence to place a notice containing any false or misleading information likely to deter the public from using the way.

These cases should be reported to rights of way team at the highway authority (county council or unitary) or you can use our Pathwatch app: 

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.
Powered by Zendesk