How do I apply to have a path added to the definitive map?

If a path has been used by the public, without interruption, for 20 years a right of way may well have come into existence. You can make an application to the highway authority to have the path added to the definitive map based on user evidence. All you need is to get at least 7 people (preferably more) who have used the path during the 20-year period to fill in a ‘user evidence’ form. The rights of way team at the highway authority should provide all the information required to make the application. Further information on this process is also available from the Ramblers website:  

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.
Powered by Zendesk