What should I do if I find a blocked/obstructed path?

Obstructions are a huge problem on the rights of way network. In addition to the duty to prevent the obstruction of highways under section 130 (3) of the Highways Act 1980 which includes rights of way, highway authorities have considerable powers to deal with obstructions.

 You should report this to the rights of way team at the highway authority (county council or unitary authority) or you can get in touch with the local Ramblers group who may be able to help. 

Was this article helpful?
7 out of 11 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.
Powered by Zendesk