Rights of Way FAQs
FAQs related to rights of way issues that walkers may encounter.
- ★ What happens if I find a blocked path?
- I have reported an obstruction to the council, but they are saying they can’t do anything about it due to lack of money/resources. What can I do now?
- What does the law say regarding shooting near a right of way?
- Can I remove an obstruction to get by?
- I've come across an obstruction on a public path– what can I do about it?
- ★ How do I log in to the Don't Lose Your Way website?
- ★ Do the Ramblers want to save every lost right of way?
- ★ What happens after I find a lost path?
- I already have a Ramblers login - can I use that to access the Don't Lose Your Way website?
- I've found a potential lost path which goes through my house or garden - should I be worried?
- Isn’t this DLYW project creating a headache for farmers and landowners?
- Is my dog allowed to be off his lead on a right of way?
- There was an aggressive dog on a footpath, it was tethered but my children were too frightened to walk past – is this allowed?
- I was recently chased by cows. Are you allowed to keep cows in a field which the public have access to?
- Can landowners keep bulls in fields where there is a right of way?