Rights of Way FAQs (England and Wales only)
FAQs related to rights of way issues that walkers may encounter in (England and Wales only)
- ★ What should I do if I find a blocked/obstructed path?
- Can I remove an obstruction to get by?
- I have reported an obstruction to the council, but they are saying they can’t do anything about it due to lack of money/resources. What can I do now?
- What does the law say regarding shooting near a right of way?
- ★ Do the Ramblers want to save every lost right of way?
- ★ What happens after I find a lost path?
- Can I see a detailed map of the lost rights of way which have been found?
- Have you identified all lost rights of way?
- How did you identify all these potential lost paths?
- What happens next with the Don't Lose Your Way project?
- Is my dog allowed to be off his lead on a right of way?
- There was an aggressive dog on a footpath, it was tethered but my children were too frightened to walk past – is this allowed?
- I was recently chased by cows. Are you allowed to keep cows in a field which the public have access to?
- Can landowners keep bulls in fields where there is a right of way?